Wednesday 8 May 2013

It's Hard to say I am Sorry, but I can Do it

I apologize, from my heart. 

I know I don't always say the right thing and that my personality and my mouth gets in the way. I am truly sorry, however. For people like me, who act impulsively and from a never ending pool of excitement, it comes quite easily to hurt others along the way. I get lost in the vision, in the moment, in the electricity of creativity or ideas. Words I say might be taken as insults or dismissive comments. Gestures I make might be taken as rudeness. Behaviour might be seen as arrogance. I think and act too quickly. Or, better put, I act too quickly and forget to think. I wish G-d had made me just a tad bit slower, and a tad bit more cautious, and a heck of a lot less impulsive.

My intent never lies in hurting others. Ever.

And I am not ever afraid to say that I am sorry. In the sadness of guilt and remorse, I choose to find the happy thought that reminds me that I can say I am sorry, that I can feel that I am sorry, and that my "I'm sorry" isn't just a sweet phrase I pipe out without really feeling it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?