Saturday 11 May 2013

I Love you, Mom.


I love you, Mom.

I am proud to be your daughter. Thank you for giving me so much, for loving me just the way I am, and for kicking me whenever I needed it. Thank you for staying true to my father all of your life, for not worrying me over anything, for standing up for me whenever I needed it. Thank you for listening to my problems and never judging me, for giving me advice and never getting upset whenever I followed my own ideas, for pushing me towards better choices, for inspiring me to study and work hard. Thank you for making me a woman of integrity, for teaching me to treat others with kindness, for helping me to understand that emotions are more important than money. Thank you.

I love you, Mom.


This Mother's Day, I remember the things you will always be. You always cooked food for me, everything I wanted. Chicken, rice, and delicious plantains. You sang and danced. You sang with choirs, and loved to play music. You loved to listen to me singing. You dresses so pretty, looking so cheeky to the cameras. Coqueta, just like me. You studied hard, graduating from El Colegio, where I went to study years later. You were a woman of faith, always placing G-d before anything that could ever happen. You loved movies, watching thrillers and murder mysteries, movies I do not like but that will always remind me of you. You didn't wear make-up, a habit I am slowly growing into. You were always yourself, a trait I carry with me every day.

I'm so lucky, to have a mother like you, Mom.

I love you. Happy Mother's Day! I know you are singing, dancing, and smiling in Heaven, beautiful and free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?